Angus Lindsay - Group Head of Asset and Fleet Management
Married with three cats and a hyperactive dog, Angus enjoys the restful peace and quiet of the great outdoors and the excesses of fast cars, rock music and real ale.
Angus is an experienced agricultural engineer and a well-known voice in our industry. He's committed to achieving targets and efficiencies through conscientious self motivation, effective management and team work and is determined to create a safe, productive and sustainable working environment for all our staff and customers.
Angus's experience began on arable farms in Scotland, followed by time spent in Egypt doing VSO, managing field operations in Nigeria and as a contract instructor for Massey Ferguson in Yemen. Back in the UK, he completed his MSc at Silsoe and has held positions as Machinery Manager and Account Manager within the Amenity Horticulture industry. His expertise includes:
- Whole life asset management of machinery and vehicles within land based industries
- Business development through innovation and the application of cost effective mechanisation systems
- Management of health & safety, quality systems and legislation to ensure compliance at all levels
- Part of the project management team involved in new business evaluation and acquisitions
- Technical support functions for training, compliance monitoring, Health & Safety and internal auditing
- Taking an active role within the industry to develop new equipment and techniques to improve safety and improve operational efficiency.
- Certificate of Professional Competence - National Freight Transport Management
- NEBOSH National General Certificate Occupational Heath & Safety
- Member of the Institute of Groundsmanship
- Member of the Institute of Agricultural Engineers
- Member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists
- PUWER thorough examiner
- MSc Agricultural Engineering and Mechanisation Management