At The Landscape Group, we know that our customers’ enjoyment of sport is enhanced when the facilities and playing surfaces are prepared and maintained to the highest possible standards.
We’ve got extensive experience of the maintenance of fine sports turf such as golf courses, bowling greens, cricket grounds and high standard football and rugby pitches. On behalf of Sefton Council, we look after Southport Municipal Golf Course which is believed to be the oldest municipal golf course in England. Further afield our experience has included county cricket in Kent and premiership football for Portsmouth FC.
Knowing that both preparation and presentation are essential to enhance the sportsman’s enjoyment of sport, we’re committed to ensuring that all the skills, people and equipment required to maintain fine sports turf are in place.
Our experience in constructing and maintaining sports facilities requires employing professional staff experienced in soil mechanics and nutrition. We carry out a wide range of mechanical maintenance including grass cutting, scarification and verti-draining.
Other operations include:
- Setting out, initial marking and overmarking sports pitches
- Grass maintenance tailored to the sports surface playing requirements
- End of season playing surface renovations
- Pesticide application
- Provision of sports attendants and cleaning of sports pavilions
In maintaining sports turf, The Landscape Group knows that that the quality of the surface is determined by the quality of staff, equipment and materials used. Our company is proud of its staff retention and development. Our employees benefit from close working relationships with their colleges, exchanging knowledge and ideas in pursuit of improving their own facilities. Just like in sport, our staff want to be the best and compete against others for the accolade of being industry-leading. It is this determination to deliver a better service that has driven us to develop great relationships with key industry suppliers to utilise machinery and materials that are proven and cost effective but offer no compromise on quality or reliability.
In addition to maintaining sports surfaces, The Landscape Group provides services for the construction of
sports pitches. We have an experienced team who have constructed both natural and synthetic surfaces for sport and have installed prestige projects involving artificial surfaces including cricket wickets and full sized football pitches. On other projects, we have undertaken improvement works to enhance playing surfaces and arenas by adding or enhancing features including:
- Artificial sports surface installation
- Drainage improvement and repair
- Installation of pop up automated irrigation systems
- Grass bank stabilisation
In conclusion, The Landscape Group can offer advice and services in the following areas:
- Construction of sports surfaces including natural grass and synthetic surfaces
- Maintenance of all natural grass surfaces from golf courses to football pitches
- Maintenance of natural grass surfaces which have fibre reinforcement
- Maintenance of synthetic surfaces