Nick Temple-Heald – Chief Executive Officer idverde UK
Nick spent his early career in supply chain management and minerals extraction serving the consumer and professional horticulture products market. He arrived in the amenity horticulture sector in 2014 via his work on the restoration of the UK’s peatlands. A past Chairman of the UK and Ireland Growing Media Association, Nick has been a leading figure in the UK horticulture industry for almost 30 years. He became Chief Executive of The Landscape Group in June 2009. Nick graduated from the University of Salford in 1983 and joined Courtaulds plc as a graduate trainee. He spent a total of 18 years in the manufacture and supply chain of horticultural products with Fisons, Levington Horticulture with this era of his career culminating as Operations Director for the Amercain company, Scotts, following its acquisition of these two leading suppliers of horticultural products. If you value your time do not get him talking about compost! He has also successfully run his own horticultural consultancy and restaurant businesses in East Yorkshire.
He came into the Amenity Horticulture Industry in 2004 when he was appointed as Managing Director of Glendale Managed Services. He was appointed to the board of Parkwood plc in 2008 and was appointed Chief Executive of English Landscapes in June 2009, which following acquisition of Banyards and Wyevale Landscapes became the Landscape Group in 2010. Nick has since led the company to great success culminating in the merger with idverde in 2015 to form Europe’s largest green services company. Following the recent acquisition of Quadron Services Limited (now Quadron idverde) Nick is now chief Executive of idverde in the UK and a director and of idverde’s ultimate parent company, Amorica SAS, Paris.
Among his achievements, Nick lists:
- Integration of the UK Operations of Levington Horticulture and Miracle Garden Care
- An instrumental role in the agreement to end peat extraction on some of Britain’s most important wildlife sites
- Design and implementation of the UK’s largest aerobic green waste composting site
- Under his guidance Glendale Managed Services grew from £23million to £60million pa turnover in three years
- Revitalised The Landscape Group to become a pre-eminent force in UK amenity horticulture
- BSc (Hons) First Class, Chemistry (University of Salford)
- Clemson Management Development programme (University of Clemson, South Carolina)
- Institute of Industrial Managers, Diploma, Distinction (Lancaster College)
- NEBOSH General Certificate Occupational Safety and Health (Distinction)