Nick Temple-Heald - Chief Executive Officer
Nick approaches his home life and working life with equal passion and vigour, and likes nothing better than facing and beating a challenge! To relax, he rides fast motorbikes (two Ducatis and a Yamaha) and loves to cook for a houseful of friends, having recently brushed up his skills at Raymond Blanc’s cookery course.
Nick spent his early career in supply chain management and minerals extraction serving the consumer and professional horticulture products market. He arrived in the amenity horticulture sector via peatland restoration, in 2004. A past Chairman of the UK Growing Media Association, Nick has been a leading figure in the UK horticulture industry for over 20 years. He became Chief Executive of The Landscape Group in June 2009. Nick graduated from the University of Salford in 1983 and joined Courtaulds plc as a graduate trainee. He spent a total of 18 years in the manufacture and supply chain of horticultural products with Fisons, Levington Horticulture with this era of his career culminating as Operations Director for the Scotts Company. He has also successfully run his own consultancy and restaurant businesses in East Yorkshire.
He came into the Amenity Horticulture Industry in 2004 when he was appointed Managing Director of Glendale Managed Services. He was appointed to the board of Parkwood plc in 2008 and was appointed Chief Executive of The Landscape Group in June 2009. Amongst his achievements, Nick lists:
- Integration of the UK Operations of Levington Horticulture and Miracle Garden Care
- An instrumental role in the agreement to end peat extraction on some of Britain’s most important wildlife sites
- Design and implementation of the UK’s largest aerobic green waste composting site
- Under his guidance Glendale Managed Services grew from £23million to £60million pa turnover in three years
- Revitalised The Landscape Group to become a pre-eminent force in UK amenity horticulture
- BSc (Hons) First Class, Chemistry (University of Salford)
- Clemson Management Development programme (University of Clemson, South Carolina)
- Institute of Industrial Managers, Diploma, Distinction (Lancaster College)
- NEBOSH General Certificate Occupational Safety and Health (Distinction)