Cheshire Peaks & Plains Housing Trust is a Registered Provider of social housing. It took ownership of 5,006 homes from Macclesfield Borough Council in July 2006 and has been working towards delivering its promises to residents made at transfer and in addition, delivering decent homes in line with the Government's Decent Homes programme.
At present, the trust operates throughout the Borough of Macclesfield.Following The Landscape Group’s selection as grounds maintenance contractor for the Trust’s social housing, the team was required to take over within a very short space of time. The team was successfully mobilised within 3 weeks after the original contractor dropped out of process, ensuring that The Landscape Group was ready for the 4th April start date.
The works comprise of grounds maintenance services throughout all communal areas of the Trust’s estate. This work includes regular activities such as:
- Maintenance of grassed areas, this include grass cutting to varying defined standards and edging of specified grass areas.
- Maintenance of mixed shrub beds (including some climbing plants), including weed control (which may include the use of herbicides, mulches or hand weeding) and pruning for horticultural quality as well as controlling size and shape of plant material.
- Hedge trimming.
- Maintenance of paths, garage areas and hard landscaped areas, including weed control.
- Litter picking and seasonal leaf sweeping throughout the Trust's estates.
In addition there are a range of ‘call off’ items which are required on an instruction only basis, including:
- Renovation of grassed areas.
- Renovation of shrub/flower beds (including thinning, cultivation and replanting).
- Control of Japanese knotweed;
- Graffiti removal
- Removal of fly tipping.
Arboriculture also forms a significant element of the scope of works and includes annual inspections, written reports, execution of tree works as required and the provision of an emergency call out service.